I was so tickled yesterday when I got an email from shabby gal, one of my new blog friends. I stumbled upon her blog from a linky party and loved what I saw. She is lives in a rural area in Iowa that sounds a lot like my community. Her great painted furniture and creativity make me wish I lived close by so I could purchase a thing or two or three.
Please click over, check out her blog, and become a follower too!
I love getting emails from readers, but when I actually read her message I was even happier.
Traci nominated me for the Liebster Award! Liebster is a German word that means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome.
Whoa. Those are some very nice adjectives!
So many of you bloggers have hundreds and hundreds of followers and have been mentioned in all kinds of magazines and have been given shout outs from lots of different people. I really admire you and can imagine the work involved in getting to that point.
I, on the other hand, am relatively new at this and believe me, I truly appreciate the affirmation!
According to Traci, this award is presented to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers.
Someone thinks I am “up and coming”? YooHoo!!!
As part of this award, I am supposed to share 5 random facts about myself, so here goes…..
1. I have a little red scooter I call Starsky.
2. Elizabeth Berg is one of my favorite authors.
3. I love to sew and was the Betty Crocker award winner in high school. hee hee!
4. I enjoy playing the piano and should make more time to do it.
5. One of my favorite things is helping kids find books that they love. I believe learning to read well is one of the greatest gifts of all.
Now, let’s get the focus off me and see who I have nominated to receive the award so graciously given to me! I enjoy each of these and I think you will too.
Here are the rules….
1. Post about your win on your blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who presented you with the award and follow their blog.
3. Copy and paste the award button to your blog (you can right-click on the Liebster label from my page, save it to your computer, then save to your blog).
4. Present The Liebster Award to 5 blogs that have fewer than 200 followers that you think deserve to be recognized.
5. Let them know by leaving them a comment on their blog.
Thanks again, Traci!